Wondering what you will get in the Classroom Materials & Mini-Course Bundle?
The Sight Word Success Classroom Materials
With the SWS Mini-Course + SWS Classroom Materials, you’ll be equipped
with the WHY and HOW of high-frequency word instruction AND
a no-fluff system you can implement with your students immediately!
- The 150-page SWS Lesson Guide packed with a collection of teaching resources, including specific guidance on using the lessons, FAQs, assessment directions, word lists, and other tools,
- A collection of easy-to-use materials to make planning for and teaching sight words easier,
- Phoneme/Grapheme Mapping Guide for all 109 Power Words,
- 109 ready-to-use lessons–one for each Power Word–following our 10-step lesson structure. The lessons include teacher language to scaffold orthographic mapping effectively,
- 109 interactive slideshows in a fun, flipbook format. The slideshows follow our 10-step lesson structure and make teaching the 109 lessons engaging and brain-friendly (and easy to plan!),
- 109 two-sided, printable Word Mapping Cards for small-group and independent practice,
- Video Library with videos of Jan and Kari explaining how to make the most of your SWS Classroom Materials, and
- Individual and group assessment materials in printable and digital formats. These will help you figure out which words children need to learn and help you differentiate your instruction.
- PLUS! The On-Demand SWS Mini-Course FREE!
Two tools designed to work great together for
brain-friendly instruction to make words stick.
Sight Word Success (SWS)
What are educators saying about
Sight Word Success
with Jan and Kari?
“I love the flip book slides and the language of the lesson.”
I love the flip book slides and the language of the lesson. I love the slide deck of words for review.
-Donna Lown, Reading Teacher, NY
“Makes my teaching life easier! Implementation, CHECK!”
The lessons are ready to go! I appreciated the assessment options! Makes my teaching life easier! Implementation, CHECK! This is a great resource for ALL teachers. I love the 10-Step Sight Word Success Lesson Format.
– Deb Ose, 2nd grade classroom teacher, MN
“The information presented here built upon what I learned in the 2 previous courses.”
The slideshows and the accompanying videos worked well for me. The information presented here built upon what I learned in the 2 previous courses: The Sight Word Success Mini-Course and the Shifting the Balance Online Class. I appreciated that!
– Gayle Marie Angbrandt, Kindergarten teacher and Literacy Coordinator, International School, Frankfurt, Germany
“I love the slides and lessons for each Power Word.”
I love the slides and lessons for each Power Word. You do a great job of breaking down the science of reading. Sight Word Success and the Shifting the Balance Online Class are the best professional developments I’ve taken as a public school teacher. You do wonderful work. Thank you!
– Thomas Stahly, 1st Grade Teacher, NV
“The routine is simple but engaging!”
There are many things I loved about the class, but my favorite is the 10-step lesson on teaching sight words and the accompanying slides. The routine is simple but engaging! I also like being able to show the 109 words to students using the slide show. Setting them to advance automatically is helpful so students have just the right amount of time to respond.
– Lori D., Instructional Coach, Kent, WA